Tuition & Fees
Shoals Marine Laboratory is committed to making our courses affordable for all!
• Two out of three Shoals Marine Laboratory students received financial assistance last year!
• Every student who qualifies for need-based assistance receives an SML scholarship.
• Financial support includes merit-based, need-based, and multi-course scholarships... and more!
Tuition and Fees
Standard Refund Policy:
Course deposits, room & board, and fees are nonrefundable. Your tuition refund amount will be determined by the number of days from the start of the course that you withdraw.
Refund schedule (days since program start date):
- Days 1–3: 100% tuition refund
- Days 4–5: 50% tuition refund
- Day 6 or later: 0% refund
To withdraw from an SML course:
- Cornell and High School students must notify the SCE Registrar's Office and SML (email@example.com) in writing.
If you want to appeal the refund schedule based on special circumstances, please download and complete the petition form and submit it to B20 Day Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853. The form will be reviewed by committee, and you will be notified if your appeal is approved.
- UNH and Other Undergraduate students must email the UNH Registrar’s Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and SML (email@example.com). Include your UNH ID and your course number. UNH students should use their official Wildcat email when contacting the Registrar's Office.
If you want to appeal the refund schedule based on special circumstances, please download and complete the petition form.